Introducing TC Chart Timesaver

  • Daniel B. Wallace
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2007
      Dear colleagues,

      I wanted to introduce you to a new software program that helps students in working in the Nestle apparatus. It cuts down on time without cutting down on quality. The program is called “TC Chart Timesaver.” Essentially, it deciphers gothic M almost instantaneously, breaking down the various witnesses of gothic M into text-types and dates, and putting them all in a word document chart. As you know, deciphering gothic M properly is always a slow process, and one that students (and professors!) often get frustrated about. The TC Chart Timesaver cuts out the frustration and the mistakes, and creates a usable chart at the same time. At bottom, it saves up to an hour of work every time it is used.

      The program is available now—just in time for the fall semester. It costs $10 (U.S.) for a download or $11 for a CD (+ $3 for shipping and handling; unfortunately, we are only shipping within North America currently). Thus, the program pays for itself in the first or second usage! The full instruction manual is available right now, allowing professors to examine its features. Rather than try to explain any more, I’ll just direct you to the website: www.nttextualcriticism.com.

      Daniel B. Wallace, Ph.D.
      Executive Director

      P.S. At the current time, this program only works on PCs. The Mac version should be out relatively soon!