LXX and GNT

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2007
      I'm sure this question has been asked and answered somewhere by someone-
      but I can't seem to find it.

      Does anyone know if the LXX and the GNT are bound together and published
      in one volume?

      thanks

      Jim

      --
      Jim West, ThD

    • Jim West
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2007
        Unfortunately, that led to a dead end. I called the bookstore and that
        particular book is not available. And they don't know if it will be.

        So, any other sources?

        Thanks

        Jim

        --
        Jim West, ThD

      • Robert Mossotti
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2007
          The closest thing I have found is this...

          I have it but I don't like it.  It's interlinear and has Strong's numbers and it is so crowded it isn't practical for reading.   The NT text isn't GNT.  If I remember correctly it's TR.  (I'm not at home to check, and I can't remember).

          I would also like to see a real one-volume GNT and LXX.   I think it's doable without an apparatus.

          Robert W. Mossotti, Esq.

          Unfortunately, that led to a dead end. I called the bookstore and that
          particular book is not available. And they don't know if it will be.

          So, any other sources?

          Thanks

          Jim

          --
          Jim West, ThD

          http://drjewest. googlepages. com/ -- Biblical Studies Resources
          http://drjimwest. wordpress. com -- Weblog

          Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
        • Ross J Purdy
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
            Hi,

            Robert Mossotti wrote:
            > ... If I remember correctly it's TR. (I'm not at home to check, and
            > I can't remember).
            I believe it is based on the H & F Majority Text. Too bad they did not
            use the Byzantine Textform since that is the closest we can get to what
            the apostles actually used! ;^D

            In Christ,
            Ross Purdy