Hort on Lk 23.45

  • Reid Lindner
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2007
      Hort's explanation of the passage is still possibly the best
      available. My question is the ease in which he overlooks the non-
      Lukan nature of the genitive absolute of the text, TOU hHLIOU
      EKLIPONTOS. The predominating usage of Luke is either an adverb
      followed by the gen. abs. or, more often, a conjunction after the
      definite article or noun of the gen. abs. Any explanations?

      Reid Lindner