[textualcriticism] Erasmus' 1st and 2nd did NOT have the Comma

  • David Robert Palmer
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2007
      My previous post about Scrivener's collation of Erasmus editions contained a major error.  I said Erasmus Editions 1,2 contained the Johannine Comma of 1 John 5:7,8 like Stephens's edition, but it did not.  Erasmus' 1st and 2nd editions did not contain the Comma.  His 3rd edition was his first to contain it.

      I did not see a small minus sign in Scrivener's book.  The older I get, the more I need to have others proof-read my work.

      David Robert Palmer