Crescent Moon Reveals Her Secrets

  • Mark Thunderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2007
      Dear List:

      I have analyzed the marginal note that appears at Luke
      4:2 in Vaticanus (i.e., the Crescent Moon Symbol), and
      have decoded - tentatively - the remarks by the
      scribe. Basically, he provides a type of short-hand
      account of what he sees in his exemplar - SInaiticus.
      In other words, you need to have the page from
      Sinaiticus in front of you in order to see what the
      scribe of Vaticanus is doing.

      Here is the URL for Sinaiticus page:

      http://www.csntm.org/Manuscripts/GA%2001/GA01_031b.jpg

      OK. The scribe writing Vaticanus describes the ink
      smudges in his exemplar, beginning with the Greek
      letter Tau on line 8, of column 3 of Sinaiticus. He
      then moves on to other letters.

      Just to remind you, for your convenience I have placed
      them side-by-side in order to facilitate
      understanding.

      Here is the URL:

      http://www.geocities.com/good.seed/index.html

      If you enjoy a good challenge, this perhaps is one you
      can't resist?

      Sincerely,

      Mark Thunderson.

      Got a little couch potato?