Re: [textualcriticism] Eph 4: 8 and Ps 68: 19

  • A. Dirkzwager
    Message 1 of 12 , May 29, 2007
      Hello,

      I am very sorry that I have to write that I did not see an exact
      parallel for "destined for". In the sections you quote.
      I see only the use of the dative or EN to design the persons affected
      immediately ("I give my son a toy") or the cause ("I am affected by
      sorrow"), not the purpose ("I got it in order to give it to someone
      else") , of something.
      In Hebrew I would expect le-, not be- for the meaning of EN you defend.

      In my opnion there remains a textual problem.

      Arie

      A. Dirkzwager
      Hoeselt, Belgium