LXX of Habakkuk 2:1, and, of course, the pesher

  • pasi pohjala
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2007
      Dear Researchers of Bible,

      recently in my working I have been pondering, anew, the pesher Habakkuk, something in LXX translation, the Masoretic version, and Midrash. Surely every reader of Habakkuk knows the associating to him the tale of Honi the Circle Drawer in Babylonian Talmud Taanith 23- but have many readers been pondering the connection that there tale of Honi comments Habakkuk 2:1, and LXX of Hab 2:1 writes APOSKOPEUO. The honourable Greek speakers seem to have associated with Habakkuk words SKOPEUO/APOSKOPEUO (observe, watch), SKAFO (dig- in the tale of Honi drawing circle or digging a hole, comparing Luke 13), and SKAFE (pot, cooking pot, thus in Bel and Draco where Habakkuk is cooking a meal). Greek speakers seemingly have associated those words with Habakkuk, this becoming reflected in later writings. Possibly this may seem interesting for some Readers (the file is copy of my current writing of this topic, a blueprint of that in preliminary stage).

      Best Wishes, Pasi K. Pohjala London

      Der neue Internet Explorer 7 in deutscher Ausf├╝hrung ist da !