Re: 'men' or 'mhn' in Luke 23:56?

  • Daniel Buck
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2007
      "David Robert Palmer" wrote:
      >> The contrast in Luke ch. 23 going into ch. 24 is one of strictly
      observing the Sabbath, versus immediately laboring at the soonest
      legal and practical opportunity- "at the crack of dawn." (ORQROU
      BAQEWS, Literally, "the dark of dawn", ie., at the very beginning of
      dawn.)
      Thus:
      23:56 "Then when they returned home, they prepared spices and
      perfumes. And for the Sabbath though, they did rest, in keeping with
      the commandment; 24:1 but at the crack of dawn on the first day of
      the week, they went to the tomb, carrying the spices they had
      prepared.
      David Robert Palmer>>

      Excellent answers; I got more than I asked for. I especially like the
      above translation. The grammatical information was also very helpful--
      I'll use it in my blog article.
      http://whitemail.blogspot.com/2007/04/new-post-for-passion-week.html

      Thanks, everyone who contributed.

      DB
    • David Robert Palmer
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 10, 2007
        You are welcome to use it.  The translation is downloadable in Word 97:

        David Robert Palmer