TCG 2007 by Wieland Willker - Bibleworks module

  • Alvio
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2007
      With much thanks to Wieland Willker, that allowed its inclusion on
      Bibleworks and free distribution,

      on Bibleworks forum or in Bibleworks blog there is a link to TCG
      2007 - A Critical Textual Commentary on the Gospels by Wieland
      Willker devoloped for Bibleworks user (Finalrev1 dated 1 april 2007).

      The conversion of the original pdf in a chm module with the
      permission of Wieland Willker is by Pasquale.

      Links
      Bibleworks forum:
      http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2396

      Mirrored on Bibleworks blog:
      http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/module/wielandfinalrev1.zip

      pasquale

      PS. If anyone find any mistakes in this electronic Bibleworks edition
      please send me a mail. mailto: pasgil@...
    • Mark Thunderson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
        Dear List:

        As I was reading through the Gospel of Matthew, I
        noticed an interesting variant. It occurs at Matthew
        13:44a, which is the Parable of Hidden Treasure. The
        variant concerns the inclusion or omission of the
        words EN TW AGRW (v. 44a). Anyway, this is what I
        noticed:
        1. The variant is not mentioned in the UBS
        2. The variant is not mentioned in Nestle Aland

        I was reading Sinaiticus at the time, and I just
        couldn’t help having a look at Vaticanus too. As I
        looked at the pages of both Sinaiticus and Vaticanus,
        I noticed that the arrangement of words on the pages
        was very similar.

        1. Both leaves of parchment begin with 13:41
        2. Both manuscripts end the explanation of the
        Parable of the Wheat and Weeds with the injunction
        AKOUETW on one line by itself. The following line
        begins the Parable of Hidden Treasure.

        With respect to the variant EN TW AGRW, as I compared
        the two codices I noticed that Sinaiticus omits the
        phrase while Vaticanus includes the phrase. I also
        took note of QHSAURW, meaning “treasure.” I am not
        certain about the etymology of QHSAUROS, however the
        noun appears to be formed from QHS and AGRA meaning
        “field” or QHS and AURA meaning “wind in motion.” (If
        the former is the case, then the gamma in AGRA has
        elided to form the diphthong AU before the rho.) I
        only mention this etymological speculation as a means
        of forming an hypothesis about what is happening on a
        text critical level between Sinaiticus and Vaticanus.

        My Questions:

        1. Do the scribes of Vaticanus ADD the words EN TW
        AGRW as a type of Midrash on QHSAUROS? (perhaps also
        leveling off the actions at v. 44b)
        2. Do the scribes of Sinaiticus OMIT the words EN TW
        AGRW in part to fulfill the Parable – to “hide again”
        what was found?
        3. Does Sinaiticus testify that the words EN TW AGRW
        are not in the Autograph?
        4. Does Vaticanus testify that the EN TW AGRW are in
        the Autograph?

        Any comment are welcome.

        Sincerely,

        Mark Thunderson.