Letter Forms

  • Larry Swain
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2007
      Quick question for verification: when did the c, C form of the sigma become standard? I've seen charts that locate it in 4th century, but looking at plates from the second century, I see it there too, at least the minuscule form. So just wondering when it came in and became common.

      Related, does anyone have any bibliography on the use of Nomina Sacra in specifically EARLY LATIN manuscripts? Many Thanks!

      Larry Swain
      University of Illinois at Chicago

      Powered by Outblaze
    • Kent Clarke
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2007
        Larry:

        Check out the following posting/link for a little bibliography and discussion pertaining to your question. Hope it helps.

        www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/archives/96-08/0570.html <http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/archives/96-08/0570.html>

        Regards;

        Kent

        Kent D. Clarke (Ph.D. Bristol)
        Associate Professor of Religious Studies
        Department of Religious Studies
        Seal-Kap House
        Trinity Western University
        7600 Glover Road