Re: [textualcriticism] Hebrew NT

  • Ted Clore
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 12 6:00 AM
      Thank you for commenting on this, all.  What you have confirmed is that this is too vague and uncertain of an area for anyone to start making claims that the NT was written in Hebrew.  There is very little evidence, if any, that this was the case.  I especially appreciate the links provided as it will give me further reading.

      As is the case in many of these types of movements, there are many claims from the leaders that end in unsubstanciated claims that are offered as "proof".  The problem I see is that there is a tendency toward a "subjective theology" where there are efforts to glean information from various sources to give authority to the presuppositions of a particular leader or leaders.  This effort is eclectic in that it will hunt for any evidence that may be used to prop up these claims, even if it is vague and unsubstanciated, often from sources that are misread and used in a manner never intended.  I think this is the case here, someone has taken something speculative in nature (a Hebrew NT) and raised it to an sure doctrine.

      Blessings,
      Ted Clore
    • bob renard
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13 8:39 AM
        Salut,

        > Thank you for commenting on this, all. What you
        > have confirmed is that this is too vague and
        > uncertain of an area for anyone to start making
        > claims that the NT was written in Hebrew. There is
        > very little evidence, if any, that this was the
        > case. I especially appreciate the links provided as
        > it will give me further reading.

        It is sure quite sure that there was a gospel that was
        written in hebrew. He was in use by "jewish-christian"
        such as "ebionites" or "nazaréens". That gospel may is
        the primary source of the matthew gospel, or at least
        is a version of that one.

        Jérome says he saw a copy of it. I think Eusèbius too.

        You must take a look there:
        http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/apocrypha.html
        to the gospels of the hebrews, of the nazoreans,and of
        the ebionites.

        They are searchers that writes about this, i think of
        two at the moment: Robert Einsenman The Dead Sea
        Scrolls and the First Christians: Essays and
        Translations ; and in french "Le messie et son
        prophète", see in english here :
        http://www.lemessieetsonprophete.com/annexes/presentation-en.htm
        that talk about links between "jewish-christianity"
        and Islam.

        Are they links to the texts of XIVe and XVIe siècles
        you were all talking about ? I have heard about them,
        but never found.

        And links to a translation oh the aramean Matthew ?

        thank you

        En finir avec le spam? Yahoo! Courriel vous offre la meilleure protection possible contre les messages non nollicités
        http://mail.yahoo.ca Yahoo! Courriel