Re: [textualcriticism] Mk 2:18 - Radical Eclecticism Pop Quiz

  • malcolm robertson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2007
      Dear Dave and Ron,

      Keep reading.  Kenyon (Text) said that textual criticsm is the handmaid to the study of the Bible.  Unfortunately, if one is out of step with reality the consequences can be dire.  This parody is a factual representation of real individuals and their scholarly results!

      Because He lives,

      Malcolm
      _______________

      Re: [textualcriticism] Mk 2:18 - Radical Eclecticism Pop Quiz

      Agreed! This site is for seriousness not frivolity, playing around is not appreciated by me.
      Ronald L. Stanford

      dwashbur@... wrote:
      As my kids might say, what are you on, and why aren't you sharing?

      On 30 Jan 2007 at 15:46, malcolm robertson wrote:

      > Dear hfvonsoden,
      >
      > Based on your established criteria SOU and AUTWi never existed, but was a creation of Pauline
      > Christianity. hOI TWN FARISAIWN is a corrupt reading which through conjecture should read
      > hAI - a women's tea society. IWANNOU is a literary character creation of unknown origin and
      > significance and should read AIWN caused by double dislexia and my own nonsense. Because I
      > don't believe don't mean I can be associated with children playing in the street.
      >
      > I personally think Christianity is a figment ofthe imagination of a twenty-first century back to
      > nature, groupy love high school radicals sect and that historical research, the character of
      > manuscripts, palaeography andcodicology inhibit free thought and speech.
      >
      > I also think the resurrection has already passed or should be figuratively interpreted. However,
      > the early and late manuscripts all agree that that is not what the original authors meant by EK
      > NEKRWN.
      >
      > NOTE: This is only a test. It is simply a test of the emergency broadcastng network. It is only a
      > test.
      >
      > not sopersonally interested yours,
      >
      > (The names have been changed to protect the innocent)
      >
      > ____________ _________ _______
      >

      > Just for fun for any who wish to participate.
      >
      > Without looking at the apparatus, determine
      > the correct readings for three units of
      > variation in Mk 2:18, and give explanation
      > using all the internal evidence of readings
      > you deem appropriate from context,
      > synoptic parallels, authorial use, etc.
      >
      > Mk 2:18 TEXT:
      >
      > KAI HSAN OI MAQHTAI IWANNOU KAI
      > [Unit of Variation #1] NHSTEUONTES. KAI
      > ERCONTAI KAI LEGOUSIN AUTW: DIA TI
      > OI MAQHTAI IWANNOU [Unit of Variation #2]
      > NHSTEUOUSIN, OI DE [Unit of Variation #3]
      > OU NHSTEUOUSIN.
      >

      > Unit of Variation #1:
      >
      > OI TWN FARISAIWN
      > OI MAQHTAI TWN FARISAIWN
      > OI FARISAIOI
      >

      > Unit of Variation #2:
      >
      > KAI OI MAQHTAI TWN FARISAIWN
      > KAI OI TWN FARISAIWN
      > KAI OI FARISAIOI
      > - (omit)
      >

      > Unit of Variation #3:
      >
      > MAQHTAI
      > SOI MAQHTAI
      > MAQHTAI SOU
      > SOU MAQHTAI

      Dave Washburn
      "Bash the ground until bananas come out."

      Looking for earth-friendly autos?