Re: [textualcriticism] Re: Classifying NT Manuscripts

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2007
      Of course, George.  Minuscule Greek hand appeared around the end of the 5th or into the 6th century and yes, on Vellum for NT mss but it developed out of Greek cursive hand from centuries earlier.  I was not thinking strictly of NT mss though.  My point was that the classifications are clumsy since papyrus is a substrate upon which UNCIAL characters were used and uncial and minuscule (or cursice) are scripts with which any lectionary could be written.

      Jack