Re: [textualcriticism] Rev. 22:19 AFAIRHSEI

  • David Robert Palmer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007

      Hi Larry,

      Woops, I must have been thinking of the variant earlier in the verse.  Thanks for pointing this out; corrected now.

      Larry Overton wrote:
      Would you please elaborate on this comment? While I agree that “the future and the subjunctive are often interchangeable in this kind of expression,” according to the morphology tools contained in my BibleWorks software and my old copy of _The Analytical Greek Lexicon_, pgs. 60f., both of the variants in this clause (AFAIRHSEI/AFELEI) are different forms of the 3 pers. sing. fut. ind. act. of AFAIREW, the latter reading being distinguished as second future. The only form of AFAIREW identified as subjunctive in this verse is in the first clause: AFELH.