New member/first post

  • Larry Overton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2006

      Greetings, all ~

      I am a new member, and thought I should introduce myself. My name is Larry G. Overton. I am the son of a missionary and evangelist, and decades ago I did a short term of missionary service myself. I have throughout my adult life studied the Scriptures, to the best of my ability—which, comparatively speaking, may not be saying much—including studying the NT in Greek. Since retirement, I have been able to devote more time to the study of textual criticism.

      I have been married to Beth for nearly 34 years, a fact that testifies to God’s grace and Beth’s patience. We have three grown children, and each has married well. We have eleven grandchildren to date. I am truly a blessed man.

      Well, that’s enough of an introduction, I suppose. I am looking forward to participation on this list.

      Sincerely,

      Larry G. Overton