Aleppo Codex index

  • Alvio
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 16, 2006
      I have edited a Bibleworks module (with Viktor's help for scriptures
      references):
      BibleWorks users can access to the photos of codex from their Resource
      Summary Window with a new CHM module. Users MUST have an active
      internet connection to access to each photograph.

      It is possible to use the chm module without Bibleworks software.

      pasquale

      http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2031

      http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/module/aleppo.zip
    • Mark Thunderson
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 18, 2006
        Dear List:

        I have created a digitally enhanced PDF file in color
        of Sinaiticus (Gospel of Mark). If you are
        interested, you can download it free at:

        http://www.movedigital.com/go/Sinaiticus

        The file is 233 meg (you need a good computer with
        memory). However, I built the file for my own
        purposes, some of which included being able to view
        the most minute details on the pages. Therefore, you
        can zoom with clarity to about 1800% - 2000% in Adobe
        Reader (maybe even more!).

        Mark Thunderson.

        Sponsored Link

        $420k for $1,399/mo.
        Find Out! www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
      • K.Martin Heide
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 19, 2006
          Thank you very much, but the file seems to have an error.
          I downloaded it two times, with 1GB memory and a fast internet connection, but both times I was prompted by a file-open error.

          Martin

          Mark Thunderson wrote:

          Dear List:

          I have created a digitally enhanced PDF file in color
          of Sinaiticus (Gospel of Mark). If you are
          interested, you can download it free at:

          http://www.movedigi tal.com/go/ Sinaiticus

          The file is 233 meg (you need a good computer with
          memory). However, I built the file for my own
          purposes, some of which included being able to view
          the most minute details on the pages. Therefore, you
          can zoom with clarity to about 1800% - 2000% in Adobe
          Reader (maybe even more!).

          Mark Thunderson.

          Sponsored Link

          $420k for $1,399/mo.
          Find Out! www.LowerMyBills. com/lre

        • Daniel J. Mount
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 19, 2006
            The file worked fine for me. I would love to see the rest of the manuscript uploaded in like fashion.

            Daniel J. Mount

        • brian.boland.dslw@oneteldsl8.net
          Message 5 of 10 , Nov 19, 2006
            I have had the experience as Martin with same base
            Brian j

            Message 6 of 10 , Nov 19, 2006
              It must be something on your end, because I had no problems downloading it and opening
              it...

              On 19 Nov 2006 at 17:29, K.Martin Heide wrote:

              > Thank you very much, but the file seems to have an error.
              > I downloaded it two times, with 1GB memory and a fast internet connection, but both times I was
              > prompted by a file-open error.
              >
              > Martin
              >
              > Mark Thunderson wrote:
              > Dear List:
              >
              > I have created a digitally enhanced PDF file in color
              > of Sinaiticus (Gospel of Mark). If you are
              > interested, you can download it free at:
              >
              > http://www.movedigital.com/go/ Sinaiticus
              >
              > The file is 233 meg (you need a good computer with
              > memory). However, I built the file for my own
              > purposes, some of which included being able to view
              > the most minute details on the pages. Therefore, you
              > can zoom with clarity to about 1800% - 2000% in Adobe
              > Reader (maybe even more!).
              >
              > Mark Thunderson.
              >
              > ________________________________________________ __________
              > Sponsored Link
              >
              > $420k for $1,399/mo.
              > Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage?
              > Find Out! www.LowerMyBills.com/lre

              Dave Washburn
              Some people's bodies retain water. Mine retains ice cream.
            • Mark Thunderson
              Message 7 of 10 , Nov 19, 2006
                Martin:

                I'm not certain, but it might be that you need to
                update the version of Adobe Acrobat on your PC. Other
                list members have downloaded the file and opened it
                with no problems.

                Mark Thunderson

                ---------------------------------

                Mark Thunderson wrote:
                Dear List:

                I have created a digitally enhanced PDF file in color
                of Sinaiticus (Gospel of Mark). If you are
                interested, you can download it free at:

                http://www.movedigital.com/go/Sinaiticus

                The file is 233 meg (you need a good computer with
                memory). However, I built the file for my own
                purposes, some of which included being able to view
                the most minute details on the pages. Therefore, you
                can zoom with clarity to about 1800% - 2000% in Adobe
                Reader (maybe even more!).

                Mark Thunderson.

                Sponsored Link

                $420k for $1,399/mo.
                Find Out! www.LowerMyBills.com/lre

                Sponsored Link

                Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
                $510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
                www.LowerMyBills.com/lre
              • David Robert Palmer
                Message 8 of 10 , Nov 19, 2006

                  I downloaded this PDF and successfully opened it my first try.

                  It is in fact higher resolution than the images on the CSNTM site. http://www.csntm. org/Manuscripts/ GA%2001/GA01_ 029a.jpg

                  For example, the words TON NAZARHNON that a corrector added to the right of the first column, at 16:6, are more legible.  With the online image, the Zeta is less legible than in this PDF.

                  While I am on this topic, what is the meaning of the mathematical division sign that marks where these words TON NAZARHNON are found in other manuscripts except Codex Bezae, in 16:6?  Some are calling it a lemniscus.

                  What I am asking is, the scribe or editor or corrector who inserted this sign, what judgment or conclusion is he making about this textual variant, if any?  For example, is he saying it is an accidental ommission, or it is a more neutral mark, indicating the presence of a variant?

                  BTW, Scrivener says this is a case of homoioteleuton.  I can see that point of view, that the scribe skipped from one TON to the next TON.

                  Thanks.

                    Message 10 of 10 , Nov 20, 2006
                      David Robert Palmer wrote:

                      While I am on this topic, what is the meaning of the
                      mathematical division sign that marks where these
                      words TON NAZARHNON are found in other manuscripts
                      except Codex Bezae, in 16:6?  Some are calling it
                      alemniscus.

                      What I am asking is, the scribe or editor or corrector
                      who inserted this sign, what judgment or conclusion is
                      he making about this textualvariant, if any?  For
                      example, is he saying it is an accidental ommission,
                      or it is a more neutral mark, indicating the presence
                      of a variant?

                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

                      David,

                      I too am intrigued by the placement of TON NAZAPHNON
                      in the margins at 16:6. The variant is significant
                      for a number of reasons, and, no doubt, is linked to
                      the two other instances in the Gospel of Mark where
                      there are similar variants (Mk. 1:24 and 10:48). I
                      suppose one reason why it is placed in the margins is
                      because of the origin of the term NAZARHNE in Mark
                      (1:24 - column 3) where it appears on the lips of a
                      demonized man who refers to Jesus as "a Nazaraene of
                      Jesus" (cf. the variant SOU in Vaticanus).
                      Furthermore, in the second appearance (10:48 - column
                      55) Mark places the term NAZARHNE on the lips of a
                      small crowd in the Judean dialect, thus we read
                      "NAZWPAIOS." That the scribes of Sinaiticus probably
                      understood it this way, is supported by the variant
                      Judea vs. Gallilee in Mk 1: 28 (column 4). Hence, TON
                      NAZARHNON at 16:6 is placed in the margins, (a)
                      because this is the language of demons, and (b)
                      because the text of Mark in Sinaiticus supports this
                      theological interpretation. Finally, the handful of
                      variants that arose in other manuscripts around this
                      term, probably arose on account of a lack of
                      understanding as to the authorial intent of Mark's
                      Gospel. Yet, it is worth considering, if possibly the
                      Autograph contained TON NAZARHNON, and where.

                      Mark Thunderson.

                      Sponsored Link

                      Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
                      $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
                      www.LowerMyBills.com/lre