New color image of Papyrus P66

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2004
      Yesterday I have got the book which contained the papers from the Lille
      2000 colloquium, compare my note:

      1. It turns out that the title has been changed, it is now:
      "The New Testament Text in Early Christianity"

      2. To my joy I found out that on the title of the book is a hitherto
      unavailable good color image of P66. AFAIK there are only 3 publicly
      available color images, which are in the editio princeps from the Bodmer
      library.
      The new image shows page NB (52) with the text of Jo 7:52 - 8:16.
      I have added it to my three scans at:
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/ww_tc.html
      (scroll down to "Papyrus P66".)

      First it can be seen that P66 does not contain the Pericope de Adultera.
      Well, ok, ...
      Several corrections can be seen. On the first two lines a word order
      change is indicated, plus the (partial) deletion of hO. hO PROFHTHS is
      an important reading, which some scholars even accept as the original
      text (e.g. Boismard has it in his text). Unfortunately it is not noted
      in the main NA apparatus, but only in the Lectiones Minores at the end.
      The Sahidic supports it, too.
      In line 6 an S has been added and in line 10 there was some muddle with
      the EGW.
      The state of preservation of this papyrus is incredible!
      Enjoy!

      PS: It is a very good idea to use the book cover for the presentation of
      such a good image. This example should be followed ...

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de