Re: [XTalk] Bruce Metzger is selling his library

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2006
      From: "Jim West" <jwest@...>
      To: <textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com>; <crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 2:59 PM
      Subject: [XTalk] Bruce Metzger is selling his library

      > Listers may find this quite amazing:
      >
      > http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?vci=3250796&vcat=462465&vcatn=The+Bruce+M.+Metzger+Collection&sortby=1
      >
      > Jim
      >

      > --
      > Jim West, ThD

      My purchase of Prof. Metzger's Friedrich Schulthess' Grammatik des
      Christlich-Palastinischen Aramaisch 1924 edition Tubingen came today and I
      am like a kid in a candy shop. It is signed on the front flyleaf by Bruce
      Metzger in 1948 and some of his notes in the bibliography. It is hard to
      believe he is 92. This will be invaluable to me, Jim. I am glad you gave
      the heads up because I am sure these books will go fast.

      Jack

      Jack Kilmon
      San Antonio, Texas