Re: Bruce Metzger is selling his library

  • mydogregae01
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2006
      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Jim West <jwest@...> wrote:

      > Listers may find this quite amazing:

      http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?vci=3250796&vcat=462465&vcatn=The+Bruce+M.+Metzger+Collection&sortby=1

      > Jim

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Thanks Jim!

      I assume that Metzger is still alive, and that this is a small portion
      of his library. Interesting way to sell. But ABE sure gets a healthy
      cut (13.5%). I also wonder if he has donated any texts to needy
      institutions or individuals??

      I have just posted a complete scanned copy of F.J.A. Hort's "The WAY,
      the TRUTH, the LIFE" on my site. It is a great read! Hort reflects
      upon using our God-given reasoning abilities in critically reading the
      precious text. Hort loves God's Word! An impressive book, free to
      download! - www.biblical-data.org -- Navigate to "THEOLOGICAL ESSAYS".

      Also added is the LOC Mt. Sinai - St. Catherine's CHECKLIST, needed to
      order films from the LOC. It is in a PDF file, -- navigate to
      "Addresses for Acquiring Films of Biblical Manuscripts", from the same
      site

      www.biblical-data.org

      sincerely,
      Mr. Gary S. Dykes