Re: [textualcriticism] Re: Codex Vaticanus

  • Daniel B. Wallace
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 4, 2006
      Thanks for sending the info on the facsimile of Vaticanus at UPenn. Generally speaking, unless we have direct contact with a school already initiated (by the tc-list, for example), it's fairly difficult to get it to release its facsimiles to CSNTM. Some universities, in fact, will simply not allow outsiders to take photographs of any portion of their collection, even if done for free and the third party gives DVDs to the institute! This is one of the difficulties that CSNTM has had: getting permission, especially from American universities. One Ivy League school wanted to outsource the digital photography of their four Greek New Testament manuscripts, then charge CSNTM $12,000 for the photos--even after we said we would come and shoot the MSS at no charge to them. And the quality of the photos would be approximately one fourth as good as what we can produce.

      I would like to solicit the aid of the tc-listers for getting permissions to CSNTM. I will be taking my sabbatical in two years and can spend virtually the entire year traveling and photographing manuscripts. If you have contacts with institutes that possess some of our sacred Christian documents, and feel that you can have an influence on the institutes, please contact me off-list. Since our goal is to post every image that we are allowed to post (and to make available for loan all other images), what CSNTM is doing will be of immediate service to the academic community. It's a win-win situation, but we could use your help in getting some of these projects going. We already have several in the hopper, but are trying to make plans for the next three years right now.

      As for UPenn, if any on the list are on faculty there, and if you are interested in helping us, we would appreciate it if you would pave the way for us to get the Vaticanus facsimile to photograph.

      Sincerely,

      Daniel B. Wallace
      Executive Director

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 19, 2015

        Please, does someone have the real facsimile of Codex Vaticanus? I need it for a home work

      • James Snapp
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 20, 2015
          Rodrigo,

          First, Yahoo Neo must be destroyed.
          Second, the facsimile of Vaticanus is presently somewhat superfluous, since high-quality digital images of the manuscript are available online.
          Just click the embedded link for "Codex Vaticanus (B)" at
          http://www.thetextofthegospels.com/2015/02/major-early-uncials-of-gospels-online.html
          and you should go straight to the images of B at the Vatican Library.

          Note that the Vatican Library's copyright policy on images is strict.

          On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 9:55 PM, rodrigoarthur@... [textualcriticism] <textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Please, does someone have the real facsimile of Codex Vaticanus? I need it for a home work

        • Kent Clarke
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 20, 2015
            Hi Rodrigo:

            I have it. What can I help you with?

            Kind Regards;

            Kent

            Kent D. Clarke (Ph.D. Bristol)

            Chair of the Religious Studies Department

            B.F. Westcott Professor of New Testament

            Textual Criticism, Greek Languages, and Hermeneutics

            Trinity Western University

            Seal Kap House

            7600 Glover Road

            Langley, BC

            V2Y 1Y1 Canada

            (604) 513-2121 (Ext. 3116)

            Please, does someone have the real facsimile of Codex Vaticanus? I need it for a home work

          • Jack Kilmon
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 20, 2015

              I have it but it may be too large to e-mail. You can find it at http://digi.vatlib.it/view/MSS_Vat.gr.1209

              Jack

              Please, does someone have the real facsimile of Codex Vaticanus? I need it for a home work

              Avast logo

            • Connie Butterfield
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 21, 2015
                I have it.
              • rodrigoarthurmelo
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 24, 2015
                  Yes, thank you. Can you upload i for me? May be to onedrive or google drive. Im studying theology and need do a study on the Codex Vaticanus, but i prefer the real facsimile. I found only pseudo-facsimiles. Please, help me.