Re: [textualcriticism] Which edition of W-Hs Introduction should I buy?

  • Kevin W. Woodruff
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2006
      Peter:

      I have an edition of Westcott and Hort done by Hendrickson in 1988 (ISBN: 0913573949). The discrepency may be due to the fact that the Hendrickson edition has an Appendix with Notes on Selected Readings that is numbered separately from the body of the book. The Introduction is pages i-xxxii (Preliminary matter), the book proper is pages 1-324, and the appendix (Notes on Selected Readings) is 1-188. The Wipf and Stock editions are always a  lot more expensive because they keep things in print that other publishers don't have. My counsel would be get the Hendrickson edition

      Library Director/Reference Librarian, Assistant Professor of Bible, Greek, Theological Bibliography and Research
      Cierpke@... http://pages.prodigy.net/cierpke/woodruff.htm