Re: [textualcriticism] Which edition of W-Hs Introduction should I buy?

  • George F Somsel
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
      I think you must be looking at a different book on the  W & S edition since their own website lists it at 544 pp.

      george
      gfsomsel
      _________

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
        The original, which I have before me (1882), has
        XXXI + 324 pages + 173 pages appendix, which sums up to 528
        pages.

        The 324 main pages are also available online at:

        http://rosetta.reltech.org/TC/Ebind/docs/TC/WH1881/

        mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
      • Peter Gurry
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
          It must be a typo on Amazon because the ISBN number on Amazon is the same as the ISBN on the Wipf & Stock website.

          -------------------
          I think you must be looking at a different book on the W & S edition since their own website lists it at 544 pp.

          http://www.wipfandstock.com/bookStore.cfm?bookID=110&do=detail

          george
          gfsomsel
        • Kevin W. Woodruff
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2006
            Peter:

            I have an edition of Westcott and Hort done by Hendrickson in 1988 (ISBN: 0913573949). The discrepency may be due to the fact that the Hendrickson edition has an Appendix with Notes on Selected Readings that is numbered separately from the body of the book. The Introduction is pages i-xxxii (Preliminary matter), the book proper is pages 1-324, and the appendix (Notes on Selected Readings) is 1-188. The Wipf and Stock editions are always a  lot more expensive because they keep things in print that other publishers don't have. My counsel would be get the Hendrickson edition

            Library Director/Reference Librarian, Assistant Professor of Bible, Greek, Theological Bibliography and Research
            Cierpke@... http://pages.prodigy.net/cierpke/woodruff.htm