Re: [textualcriticism] English renderings for the Latin and Greek, Rev. 17:8e variants

  • David Robert Palmer
    Message 1 of 30 , Sep 9, 2006
      Jan Krans wrote:

      << Something went terribly wrong with my Unicode, because of my using of a
      Web Browser Email Interface somewhere on-the-road. And so I have to admit
      to what others tell me as well: many things can still go wrong with
      Unicode. Thus, I will adopt the following "best practice" (for me, that
      is): both the Unicode and the transliteration. Everybody happy, I hope. >>

      I copied your text that was gibberish, into a text editor (EditPad Lite)
      and saved it as JanKrans.html and then opened it with my web browser, and
      then it displayed the Unicode correctly.

      << Unicode is the future; I will adapt to the present for the moment (by
      adding a transcription) while not forgetting the future. You can skip the
      Unicode if to wish. >>

      Absolutely Amen to that. Unicode is the future, and really the present.

      I will not mess with anything but Unicode in all my Word documents from now on.

      David Robert Palmer