Re: Washington DC Bible mss exhibit

  • yennifmit
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 9 10:02 AM
      There will be a special session devoted to the Freer MSS at this
      year's SBL in Washington, DC, USA. Larry Hurtado organised and edited
      a book on the Freer MSS which should be published in time for the SBL
      meeting. I think that Prof. Hurtado had something to do with reminding
      the Smithsonian that they had one of the oldest gospel codices in the
      world languishing in their vaults. I believe that he encouraged them
      to do something on the centenary of the Freer MSS acquisition by
      Freer. Of course, I might have my wires crossed...

      On the Washington Post article, I wouldn't have called Tischendorf and
      the monks of St Catherine's "a group of excavators."

      Best

      Tim Finney

      http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/08/AR2006090800424.html