Re: Vulgate text-form

  • Daniel Buck
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 7, 2006
      --- In msg #2563, "Larry Swain" wrote:

      >>I haven't looked at the Comma problem in the Vulgate, what evidence
      is there that it wasn't in the Vulgate? It is in Codex Amiatinus, the
      oldest complete Vulgate mss., I didn't check Codex Fuldensis, the
      oldest Vulgate NT, since its gospels are a Vulgatized version of the
      Diatesseron in which case it wouldn't tell us one or another if the
      Comma was in the Vulgate. <<

      You may be thinking of the Johannine Pericope, which is in the
      gospels. The Johannine Comma is 1 John 5:7/8. It is apparently not
      original to the Vulgate as it dominates the late Vulgate tradition
      only.