Re: [textualcriticism] Re: Mark 4:11

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2006
      At 01:24 PM 8/2/2006 -0400, Dave Smith \(REL110, 211,212\) wrote:
      >S. Carlson wrote: "Are you saying that A-K-Pi have texts
      >that predate a supposed recension by Lucian of Antioch (d. 312)?"
      >
      >What interests me is that the Lucian recension is questioned.

      My impression is that the Lucianic recension is currently in doubt
      among some critics. See, e.g., Barbara Aland and Klaus Wachtel,
      "The Greek Minuscule Manuscripts of the New Testament" in Ehrman
      & Holmes, eds. THE TEXT OF THE NEW TESTAMENT IN CONTEMPORARY
      RESEARCH (SD 46; Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans, 1995), 45, n.6:

      "We can no longer maintain without reservation the view
      that was still held by the present author (B. Aland) in
      THE TEXT OF THE NEW TESTAMENT, 64-66, that the Koine text
      is to be attributed to a recension produced by Lucian."

      They go on to cite an article H. C. Brennecke (which I have not
      read) in support.

      Stephen Carlson
      --
      Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 8, 2006
        I have prepared a preliminary draft for the online commentary regarding Mk 4:11:

        http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/Mk-4-11.pdf

        Comments welcome.

        mailto:willker@...-bremen.de