More on the missing Exodus and Letters of Paul mss

  • Roger Pearse
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2006
      People,

      Dutch art-dealer-turned-gamekeeper Michel van Rijn has posted on his
      website images of a type-written description of all four papyrus
      codices which were found with the ps.gospel of Judas.

      The others are a Greek Exodus, which now seems to have been chopped
      up and scattered; a Sahidic letters of Paul (now revealed to also
      contain parts of Galatians), the whereabouts of which are almost
      completely unknown; and a Greek mathematical treatise cut up into at
      least chunks (and probably more: we now know of at least 5 pages
      unaccounted for).

      Michel's pages (which are banned from google) are here:

      http://www.michelvanrijn.nl/artnews/artnws.htm

      I have transcribed the documents as HTML, and they are here:

      http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/manuscripts/gospel_of_judas/index.h
      tm

      Thanks to Michel and Steven Goranson for emailing me about these.
      Given that the description is in typescript, it must predate the
      general availability of word-processors; it doesn't mention damp so
      must predate the long stay in a US bank vault, absorbing water.

      All the best,

      Roger Pearse