Westcott-Hort Greek New Testament

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2006
      I found this on Amazon:

      Westcott-Hort Greek New Testament: Comparison
      (Leather Bound)
      by B. F. Westcott, Fenton John Anthony Hort

      List Price: $34.95
      Price: $22.02

      Leather Bound: 900 pages
      Publisher: Hendrickson Publishers (July 31, 2006)
      Language: English
      ISBN: 1565636740

      FEATURES • Complete New Testament in Greek • Basic Greek dictionary • Colorful Bible maps • Critical apparatus compares the Westcott/Hort text with significant differences in the current Nestle/Aland and Majority texts • User-friendly English section headings enable easy navigation • Old Testament citations referenced and set off in boldface type • Durably bound in a flexible, stain-resistant cover

      Does anybody know more about it? Editor?

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 15, 2008
        I have now received a copy of the new edition.
        I am very impressed.
        Does anybody know who did this?
        The foreword by Epp is good and balanced.
        The text is given with all variants of the original edition.

        Additionally the variants of NA and Robinson's Byz text are
        given.
        Plus the Souter dictionary.
        An appendix gives "a Brief explanation of the principles pf
        textual criticism" by Hort.
        Very good!

        There is no need to buy expensive, old editions from second
        hand bookshops anymore.

        Westcott-Hort Greek New Testament: with Dictionary
        by B. F. Westcott, F. J. A. Hort
        Eldon Jay Epp (Foreword)

        Hardcover: 893 pages
        Publisher: Hendrickson Publishers (September 30, 2007)
        Language: English, Greek
        ISBN-10: 1565636740
        ISBN-13: 978-1565636743
        Product Dimensions: 7.7 x 5.3 x 1.3 inches
        Amazon Price: $25.51

        Dr. Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
        mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
        http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie