Re: [textualcriticism] 1 John 2:23b

  • Bruno
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2004
      Hello,

      They might have got it from the Vulgate or one of Beza's copies.

      John Gill's Expositor said:
      <<
      [but he that acknowledgeth the Son, hath the Father also]: this clause is left out in many
      copies, and stands as a supplement in our version; but is in the Alexandrian copy, in four
      of Beza's manuscripts, and in some others; and in the Vulgate Latin, Syriac, and Ethiopic
      versions

      Bruno