Re: [textualcriticism] Re: Orthodox GNT

  • sarban
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004

      Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 7:19 AM
      Subject: [textualcriticism] Re: Orthodox GNT

      Some days ago I asked about the MSS basis for the Orthodox GNT (1904). I
      now received a note from M. Robinson, that it is not based on continuous
      MSS, but on lectionary MSS! He notes the following: L689, L698, L700,
      L701.
      This explains some unusual readings in the text.

      There was an analysis of the 1904 Orthodox GNT
      in IMS Colwell & Riddle Prolegomena to the Study
      of the Lectionary Text of the Gospels 1933.
      (I forget which chapter)

      It is described as a weak form of the lectionary
      text.

      Andrew Criddle