Re: Orthodox GNT

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2004
      Some days ago I asked about the MSS basis for the Orthodox GNT (1904). I
      now received a note from M. Robinson, that it is not based on continuous
      MSS, but on lectionary MSS! He notes the following: L689, L698, L700,
      L701.
      This explains some unusual readings in the text.

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
    • sarban
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004

        Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 7:19 AM
        Subject: [textualcriticism] Re: Orthodox GNT

        Some days ago I asked about the MSS basis for the Orthodox GNT (1904). I
        now received a note from M. Robinson, that it is not based on continuous
        MSS, but on lectionary MSS! He notes the following: L689, L698, L700,
        L701.
        This explains some unusual readings in the text.

        There was an analysis of the 1904 Orthodox GNT
        in IMS Colwell & Riddle Prolegomena to the Study
        of the Lectionary Text of the Gospels 1933.
        (I forget which chapter)

        It is described as a weak form of the lectionary
        text.

        Andrew Criddle