Re: Mark 16:6 and the Diorthotes of Sinaiticus

  • Daniel Buck
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22, 2006
      "James Snapp, Jr." wrote:
      >> Regarding such a thing as unartistic, he resorted to drastic script-
      stretching (including the non-contraction of IHSOUN in 16:6) to ensure
      that there would be at least a little bit of text in column 10. (It
      didn't help that he, or his exemplar, accidentally skipped a chunk of
      15:47-16:1!). . .

      Somewhere in there I hope I have answered your question.>>

      Well, you've answered my question at least. Sinaiticus is the earliest
      mss that spells out a NS. So at least we know we're spelling "Ihsous"
      right after all these years. I think.

      And every single ancient version sure enough does testify to the last
      12 verses of Mark. With strong indications that it was appended.