GJud and GJohn Comparisons

  • Mark Sandberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2006

      Fellow Listmembers,

      After reading the translation of GJud, the first thing I thought was that this is Gnostic But then I thought of motifs as expressed in Bodmer.

      Do you realize that the reading portion of where Jesus speaks to Judas, “what you do, do quickly” in both John’s gospel13:27 and Bodmer’s II P 66 f.51v line 4,5, when taken in context, does closely parallel the motif of a special knowledge collaborate between two on betrayal as set forth in the Gospel of Judas? POIEIS POIHSON TAXION vocals a partnership that Judas is expected to act in such a way at another’s request while other disciples are in a fog as to what’s going on.

      I thought about the other possible parallels on like “receiving money" to that of  "the money bag,” or “they were afraid of the people, since he was regarded by all as a prophet,” Does anybody else see the possibilities as to how significant they are even though not exact readings? I noticed that Lawrence Schiffman has just raised a comparison like mine to “what you do quickly,” My final take on it sums different from his however.

      http://www.thejewishweek.com/top/editletcontent.php3?artid=4974

      Should we explore the possibility as to whether or not that the GJoh may have portions of Gnostic influence?

      Mark Sandberg