Mark 16:9-20 and Early Patristic Evidence

  • James Snapp, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2006
      Not so long ago, before the questions about copyrights and the Gospel
      of Judas (Oboy; more "ancient Christian literature" as Dr. Ehrman
      describes it), we were discussing patristic evidence that relates to
      the Long Ending of Mark. I had chimed in by noting that Justin's
      allusion in First Apology 45 is relatively strong, and I was about to
      compare the strength-level of Justin's testimony with the strength-
      level of the testimonies of Clement of Alexandria and Origen (who are
      routinely cited in commentaries as support for the Abrupt Ending).

      Could we return to this subject?

      Curtisville Christian Church
      Elwood, Indiana (USA)