Re: [textualcriticism] Pericope Adultera in Old Latin manuscript (Darby)

  • sarban
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2006
      From: "Schmuel" <schmuel@...>
      To: <textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 9:29 PM
      Subject: [textualcriticism] Pericope Adultera in Old Latin manuscript
      (Darby)

      > Hi Folks,
      >
      > > Subject was: Re: [textualcriticism] Re: 1 Timothy 3:16 in Codex
      Alexandrinus

      > Daniel Buck wrote:
      > >J. N. Darby ...said in his NT introduction: As to John 8 ... in my
      examination of the text I found that in one of the best MSS. of the old
      Latin, two pages had been torn out because it was there, carrying away part
      of the text preceding and following.

      > Schmuel
      > There aren't that many Old Latin manuscripts. Do we know to what
      manuscript Darby is referring to here, and how it is carried in the
      apparatuses ?

      IIUC manuscript b (Codex Veronensis) is lacking John 7:44-8:12

      Andrew Criddle