Re: Corrections in Jeremiah of B

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2004
      > A later scribe filled in missing letters which were not
      > written at the end of a line.
      > The question is: why the scribe didn't add the letter in its
      > appropriate place?

      I have found this in the NT, too.
      This is the work of the enhancer, who enhanced all the letters in
      Vaticanus, according to Tischendorf in the 10th or 11th CE.
      An example can be seen at:

      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/Vaticanus/squeezed.html

      I don't really know why he did that, but I think that possibly the rules
      for syllable division changed over the time.

      Your friend should also have a look at other curious signs in the OT:

      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/Vaticanus/observations-OT.html

      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/