number of variants in Nestle-Aland (27th ed.)

  • Martin Arhelger
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27 4:52 AM
      Does anybody know how many variant readings are listed in the margin of the
      Nestle-Aland-Text (27th edition)? I don't need an exact number but only a
      raw one.

      Thanks for help!

      Martin Arhelger
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27 6:15 AM
        Martin Arhelger asked:
        > Does anybody know how many variant readings are listed in
        > the margin of the Nestle-Aland-Text (27th edition)? I don't need
        > an exact number but only a raw one.

        I only know that there are approximately 5000 variants noted for the
        Gospels. Since the Gospels occupy roughly half the pages of NA, one can
        assume that there are roughly 10.000 variants noted in NA.

        mailto:willker@...-bremen.de