FW: [ANE] Juxta 1.0: An open-source cross-platform tool for comparing and collating multiple witnesses to a single textual work

  • James Spinti
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2006
      From the ANE list. This might be of interest to some of you.

      James

      ________________________________
      James Spinti
      Marketing Director, Book Sales Division
      Eisenbrauns, Good books for over 30 years
      jspinti at eisenbrauns dot com
      Web: http://www.eisenbrauns.com
      Phone: 574-269-2011 ext 226
      Fax: 574-269-6788

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2006
        I have put a collation of NA/UBS, WH, Tischendorf and Byzantine in
        Matthew 1 at
        http://www.laparola.net/file/matthew1.jxt
        if anyone is interested in trying it out. The program doesn't allow
        you to change the font used to display the text, and the default font
        doesn't have the accented Greek letters, so the text doesn't look too
        good. And I can't work out how to add a note, otherwise I would have
        added the manuscripts witnesses as well.

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "James Spinti" <jspinti@...>
        wrote:

        > From the ANE list. This might be of interest to some of you.
        >
        > James

      • Stephen Payne
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 8, 2006
          I couldn't get the link to work.

          Any ideas?

          Stephen Payne

          wrote:

          > From the ANE list.  This might be of interest to some of you.
          >
          > James

          Stephen Payne
          St Rita of Cascia
          Chicago, IL

        • Richard Wilson
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 8, 2006
            > I couldn't get the link to work.

            The link works for me. Maybe you meant you couldn't get the file to
            work? After installing the Juxta program, run it and choose File |
            Open from the program's menu to open the file matthew1.jxt that was
            downloaded.

            --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Payne <brspayne@...>
            wrote:

            > I couldn't get the link to work.
            >
            > Any ideas?
            >
            > Stephen Payne

          • Stephen Payne
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 8, 2006
              ok, i understand now... i didn't realize that this was a program.

              thanks,