Re: [textualcriticism] Once more Mk 1:41

  • Peter M. Head
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2006
      Thanks Martin,

      That is interesting. I'm sure that the principle is a good one: since
      in this case so much hinges on Bezae's witness, then if the 'anger'
      reading could be explained as due to a consistent Bezan tendency to
      intensify emotional involvement, it would provide an explanation for
      the origin of the reading. But I'm not too sure that the passages
      you've given get us very far in proving the stated tendency. Further
      study would be welcome on this.

      Cheers

      Peter