New Testament manuscripts site updated

  • Richard Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2006
      My site http://www.laparola.net/greco/ has been mentioned in this
      group before, but I wanted to say that there are now variant readings
      for all the books of the New Testament. I do intend to add in the
      future more variants and more manuscripts for each variant, but the
      principal ones are included - with more than 10000 variants and
      quarter of a million manuscript citations there is enough for the moment.

      Since the last time the site was mentioned, there have been a number
      of other big improvements. As well as the NA/UBS text (actually, the
      UBS as they are slightly different - if you do "Compare manuscripts"
      between NA and UBS you will find the differences), there are the WH
      and Tischendorf texts. Hovering the mouse over a word in these three
      texts gives the root word and parsing information; clicking on a word
      brings up some definitions and the use of the word in the NT. There is
      also the possibility of viewing the allusions to each verse by the
      Fathers. There are now also two types of searches in any of the three
      Greek texts: one to find words with certain characteristics
      (grammatical and how often they appear), and one to find verses based
      on the words they contain. This can execute quite complicated
      searches, for example
      a*i?? [#ind-sing 5/pisteuĂ´]^(d*|tounantion)3theos
      that is: all verses that contain a word starting with a and the third
      last letter i and also contain an indicative singular verb and within
      five words any form of pisteuĂ´, but do not contain a word starting
      with d nor the word tounantion, and where within 3 verses there is the
      word theos. Here I have done a search using translitterated
      characters, but you can also use Unicode to specify the words to
      search for.

      If you find any problems, or can think of other ways to manipulate and
      show the data that is in the database, please let me know.