Re: [textualcriticism] Epiphanius' Panarion

  • P.M. Head
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2004
      If it is a good Greek text then this is really helpful.

      Peter Head

      On Oct 17 2004, Bruno wrote:

      > The Greek text of Epiphanius' Panarion is available on this site:
      > http://www.christianhospitality.org/archives.htm
      > (among a heap of other works)
      > Attention: Epiphanius' files are over 10MB each!
      >
      > Epiphanius described several "heresies" and gives examples of changes
      > some of them made in their own version of the Scriptures. e.g.: Panarion
      > 41. Samples of Marcion's version of the Gospel according to Luke.
      >
      > Panarion 30.
      > Samples of the Ebionites' version of the "Gospel of Matthew".
      >
      > Maybe that is useful for someone here.
      >
      > Greetings,
      > Bruno
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Bruno
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 22, 2004
        [Request]

        Hello,

        Unfortunately I can't open Epiphanius' files at
        http://www.christianhospitality.org/archives.htm

        I found some different translations of Panarion 30.13.4-5 on the web, and I wonder what
        Epiphanius really wrote.
        Can someone please send me the text of Panarion 30.13. 1-5?
        That's the part about the gospel "of the Ebionites" being forged, and his example of John
        the Baptist eating EGKRIS.
        I would be happy if someone could send me this quote, (maybe as screenshot in a JPEG file
        or scanned?)

        Thanks,

        Br.Bruno @ web.de