Re: [textualcriticism] Macro for converting Unicode into ASCII

  • Michael Marlowe
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2004
      List,

      Does anyone know of a utility I can use to convert the Greek or Hebrew
      unicode text in a utf-8 document into decimal coding for an ANSI document?

      Michael

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2004
        Michael Marlowe wrote:
        > Does anyone know of a utility I can use to convert the Greek or
        > Hebrew unicode text in a utf-8 document into decimal coding
        > for an ANSI document?

        If I understand you correctly, the macro I provided does just that. The
        CCAT output is plain ASCII.
        Btw. both Unicode and ASCII are binary codes, but you can also assign
        each letter a decimal number.

        mailto:willker@...-bremen.de