Macro for converting Unicode into ASCII

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2004
      Thanks to Jim Darlack and Ricardo Román I now have a Word Macro for
      converting Unicode into Bibleworks Greek or into CCAT (both basically
      ASCII formats).

      Take it here and safe it:

      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/UnicodeToCCATorBWGRKL.zip

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/
    • Michael Marlowe
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2004
        List,

        Does anyone know of a utility I can use to convert the Greek or Hebrew
        unicode text in a utf-8 document into decimal coding for an ANSI document?

        Michael

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2004
          Michael Marlowe wrote:
          > Does anyone know of a utility I can use to convert the Greek or
          > Hebrew unicode text in a utf-8 document into decimal coding
          > for an ANSI document?

          If I understand you correctly, the macro I provided does just that. The
          CCAT output is plain ASCII.
          Btw. both Unicode and ASCII are binary codes, but you can also assign
          each letter a decimal number.

          mailto:willker@...-bremen.de