Re: [textualcriticism] Re: Modified image of Codex Washingtonensis

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 14, 2004
      From: "Dan Bellapianta (MedOPS)" <dan@...>
      To: <textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 2:05 AM
      Subject: Re: [textualcriticism] Re: Modified image of Codex Washingtonensis

      > He also brings up the question of proper pronounciation of YHWH "Yahowa e
      > non Yahwe".

      Absolutely no way for him to know and since his "suggestion" is so close to
      the nonsense word "Jehovah" probably quite wrong. It is more likely that
      YHWH is the imperfect qal or hiph'il of hwh, "to be" meaning "He who exists"
      hence yeHAwa would be a better guess.
      ]
      Jack
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 9, 2004
        Recently I wrote:
        > From the curiosities cabinet:
        > Tetragrammaton in the Codex Washingtonensis?
        > Have a look at:
        > http://utenti.lycos.it/matteopierro/geova.htm

        Here a manipulated image of Codex W/032 occurs on the title page of a
        book from Matteo Pierro. Now, a friendly reader alerts me of a rebuttal
        and response to that book at:

        http://home.europa.com/~lynnlund/itm2books.htm

        The homepage BTW claims to be "the leading research web site dedicated
        exclusively to the study of the Tetragrammaton."
        It might therefore be helpful to those interested in a discussion with
        Jehowah's witnesses.

        mailto:willker@...-bremen.de