Marginalia in Bezae: ANNAGHOSMA

  • William Warren
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2005
      In the margin of Codex Bezae (D) is the Greek word ANNAGHOSMA
      (recurs repeatedly and can be seen easily in John). My thinking is
      that this is from ANHGEOMAI (L/S = to tell as a narrative, relate,
      recount) and it is an aid for the reader who is using the Codex in a
      liturgical setting for lectionary readings. Can someone on the list
      help confirm the Greek background of this word or offer a better idea
      of the origin and purpose of the word/note? Thanks.

      paz,

      Bill Warren