Re: [textualcriticism] Re: Modified image of Codex Washingtonensis

  • Dan Bellapianta (MedOPS)
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 14, 2004
      From reading the comments on the book ( http://utenti.lycos.it/matteopierro/geova.htm), the question/argument presented is:

      "Pierro also analyzes the causes which brought the substitution of Kurios (From kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, that is, ) in the position of the name YHWH (tetragrammaton - the four Hebrew letters usually transliterated YHWH or JHVH that form a biblical proper name of God) which came in the early Christian Greek text."

      "Il Pierro analizza anche le cause che portano alla sostituzione di Kyrios al posto del teonoma YHWH avvenuta nei primitivi testi cristiani in greco."

      He also brings up the question of proper pronounciation of YHWH "Yahowa e non Yahwe".

      ------------------------------------
      Thank you for your kind help.

      Dan Bellapianta
      dan@...
      www.medops.net

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 14, 2004
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 9, 2004
          Recently I wrote:
          > From the curiosities cabinet:
          > Tetragrammaton in the Codex Washingtonensis?
          > Have a look at:
          > http://utenti.lycos.it/matteopierro/geova.htm

          Here a manipulated image of Codex W/032 occurs on the title page of a
          book from Matteo Pierro. Now, a friendly reader alerts me of a rebuttal
          and response to that book at:

          http://home.europa.com/~lynnlund/itm2books.htm

          The homepage BTW claims to be "the leading research web site dedicated
          exclusively to the study of the Tetragrammaton."
          It might therefore be helpful to those interested in a discussion with
          Jehowah's witnesses.

          mailto:willker@...-bremen.de