Re: Stephen Carlson's "Gospel Hoax" on Secret Mark

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2005
      I agree with Peter that we have a problem here.
      According to the info given on p. 100f. Smith notes the date 1779 only on
      "the final sheet (r.)" and "the final sheet (v.)". And, since the date 1779
      can be seen on the photo, we must conclude that this must be either "the
      final sheet (r.)" or "the final sheet (v.)". Right?
      But the name Madiotes appears on folio f1r. We must conclude then that the
      handwriting we see on that photo is not that of Madiotes, but of someone
      else.
      Regarding the Latin characters, perhaps they are not visible on that photo,
      which shows only a small part of the page.

      > Also, the recto of final sheet would not be facing the binding

      That's a problem, I agree. Perhaps it is written up-side down?
      We need a better photo!

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de