Re: [textualcriticism] Madiotes and "Secret Mark"

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 2, 2005
      At 04:48 PM 12/2/2005 +0100, Giuseppe Regalzi wrote:
      >Stephen, have you tryed with the name in non-transliterated Greek letters?

      Yes. I checked both paper and on-line Greek directories
      using the non-transliterated Greek letters.

      Stephen Carlson
      --
      Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...
    • James M. Leonard
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 19, 2005
        The editor of mae-2 has concluded that it represents a text from a
        primitive Hebrew version of Matthew. Interestingly, George Howard
        makes similar claims about Shem Tob's 14th century Hebrew Matthew.
        Neither claim seems to be convincing anyone, despite especially
        tenacious efforts by Howard.

        I wonder if Howard is analyzing mae-2 to find any commonality with
        his Shem Tob :)

        But otherwise, mae-2 seems to be an important ms, in that it is
        purported to be the oldest extant ms in any language to much of
        Matthew's gospel.

        Jim Leonard
        Southwestern Pennsylvania

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "feeite_christian"