Re: [textualcriticism] Madiotes and "Secret Mark"

  • Giuseppe Regalzi
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 2 7:48 AM
      > Madiotes does not appear in WorldCat/OCLC, Research Libraries Group Union
      > Catalog, AMBROSIA (American British Online Search in Athens), Dissertation
      > Abstracts, Academic Search Premier, Encyclopaedia Britannica, Google
      > and Google
      > Scholar (except with "Secret Mark"), Infotrac, Proquest, Web of Science,
      > LexisNexis Academic, The British Library, etc.

      Stephen, have you tryed with the name in non-transliterated Greek letters?

      Giuseppe

      ---------------------------------------
      Giuseppe Regalzi, PhD
      Rome, Italy
      regalzi@...
      http://regalzi.port5.com/
      http://www.orientalisti.net/
    • James M. Leonard
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 19 9:30 PM
        The editor of mae-2 has concluded that it represents a text from a
        primitive Hebrew version of Matthew. Interestingly, George Howard
        makes similar claims about Shem Tob's 14th century Hebrew Matthew.
        Neither claim seems to be convincing anyone, despite especially
        tenacious efforts by Howard.

        I wonder if Howard is analyzing mae-2 to find any commonality with
        his Shem Tob :)

        But otherwise, mae-2 seems to be an important ms, in that it is
        purported to be the oldest extant ms in any language to much of
        Matthew's gospel.

        Jim Leonard
        Southwestern Pennsylvania

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "feeite_christian"