Re: [textualcriticism] Re: Fun stuff

  • Michael Marlowe
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2004
      Wieland,

      I was contacted by the author of this site more than a year ago. At that
      time it was at a different URL, with much the same content. There have been
      some minor changes.

      When the author contacted me (by email) he merely gave a link and a brief
      description of the site, apparently as a "link suggestion" for my website's
      Web Directory.

      I'm tempted to think that the whole thing is a put-on, and that the author
      described on the site (and its sister-sites) is a fictitious person. But on
      the other hand ... I have seen some pretty crazy stuff online. And the
      changes in the content suggest to me that it is probably not just a game or
      parody.

      Michael Marlowe
      bible-researcher.com

        > I was suspicious already from the beginning, because of the word
        > "nexus".
        > All the content appears to be "machine-generated".
        > I have sent an email to the given address and got quite interesting
        > "machine-generated" answers back.
        > Do you remember Joseph Weizenbaum's chatterbot program "Elisa"?
        > Something like that, but better.
        >
        > The question that arises is: Why? Is this a game?
        >

        > This is for the most part off-topic, I know, but as I am the moderator,
        > I am allowing some discussion about this. :-)
        >
        > Best wishes
        >     Wieland

        Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 100MB kostenlosem Speicher